The Pathways program at Medaille College is an educational and supportive mentoring program for first-year students. Pathways aims to build a clear and unobstructed path to directly connect students to student support services. Pathways students are connected with a professional academic coach and peer mentor during Pathways Orientation. The Academic Support Center provides events, workshops, and other resources to Pathways students to promote success and grow the Pathways community during their first year at Medaille College.
Who is eligible?
Only students who are enrolled in INT 105 or are recipients of the Say Yes to Buffalo Scholarship are eligible for the Pathways program.
Benefits of participating in Pathways
- There are over 150 students who are part of the Pathways community! You can find us on Facebook!
- Students who meet with their coach and mentor, use Pathways resources, and attend Pathways events are more likely to succeed at Medaille College.
- Students will take a learning styles inventory that will tell them their preferred learning style and use that to develop studying strategies.
- If you are enrolled in INT105 meeting regularly with your Pathways Coach is one of your graded assignments.
Calendar of Events for Pathways Students
Pathways Events – Locations TBD
- 9/7 (Tuesday) Academic Support Center Open House, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- 9/30 (Friday) Pathways Mixer, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 10/28 (Friday) Tips & Treats, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 11/11 (Friday) Pathways Mixer, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 12/9 (Friday) End of Semester Celebration, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Pathways Coaches are experts in how to succeed at Medaille College. You and your coach will discuss what success means to you and help you create goals you care about. You will meet with your coach at least five times during the Fall and Spring semesters. Meeting with your coach will help you stay on track with your GPA and adjust to college life.
Check back in the Fall to learn more about the Pathways Coaches for 2016-2017!
Meet the Pathways Peer Mentors
The Peer Mentor team consists of sophomores, juniors, and seniors at Medaille. These students remember what it’s like to be new at Medaille. Each Pathways student will be paired up with one of our 12 Peer Mentors. You and your Peer Mentor will meet throughout the semester to talk about what it’s really like being a student at Medaille. Your Peer Mentor will help you figure out strategies that work for you on how to succeed at Medaille College.
Check back in August to learn more about the Peer Mentors for 2016-2017!
How to become a Peer Mentor
Check back during the Spring 2017 semester for more information on how to become a Peer Mentor!