Information for New Students
Printable Handout-Transfer Credit Information
- Medaille College makes every effort to accept the maximum amount of transfer credits from all regionally accredited colleges/universities and those institutions registered by the New York State Education Department to grant degrees.
- The Registrar's Office at Medaille College will complete a transfer credit evaluation when we have official transcripts from all colleges/universities an incoming transfer student has attended.
- Transferability works best when transferring from like programs or general programs to other like programs (i.e.- criminal justice to criminal justice or sport management to sport management)
- We transfer credits, NOT grades. When you begin here at Medaille, you will begin with a new cumulative average. We do, however, look at your grades when evaluating potential transfer credits. We require at least a 'C' average or 2.0 GPA. We accept grades of 'C' or better. We will, however, accept up to twelve credits of 'D' grades in either liberal arts and science or free electives provided the overall average of transfer credit is at least 2.0 which is a 'C' average.
- Medaille College does accept 'S' and 'P' grades received at other colleges/universities.
Maximum Transfer Credits Accepted:
|Four year college
||90 credits toward a baccalaureate degree at Medaille
|Two year college
||72 credits toward a baccalaureate degree at Medaille
45 credits toward an associate degree at Medaille
||72 credits from a community college (2yr) plus 18 credits from a four year college for a total of 90 transfer credits
Information for Current Students
Current students who are interested in taking courses at other institutions and transferring the credit into Medaille, must receive prior approval for the course before registering elsewhere.
- Students should bring the course description of the course they wish to take elsewhere to the Registrar's Office for approval.
- Once students receive approval via email, they may register at the other institution.
- When the class is over and grades have been received, students should have their official transcripts sent directly to the Registrar's Office at Medaille.
- When the Registrar's Office receives the official transcript, we will enter the transfer credits into the system and they will appear on students' degree audit as transfer credit.