Frequently Asked Questions


How do I request a transcript?
Currently enrolled students: Request transcript through your Medaille One account.
Not currently enrolled: Submit a completed and signed Transcript Request Form PDF. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Registrar Office or submitted via mail, fax or email attachment to


How do I apply for graduation?
Students must apply for graduation through MedailleOne. Follow these graduation application directions.


I’ve graduated – when will I receive my diploma?
Diplomas are ordered approximately two weeks after conferral dates. You may expect your diploma to arrive 6-8 weeks after your conferral date.


What is the difference between my graduation date and my conferral date?
Graduation date is the date of the graduation ceremony. Conferral date is the date on your diploma, depending on which month your degree is conferred (May 31, June 30 , August 31 or December 31).


How do I change my name, address or phone number?
Address/Phone: Submit a completed Change of Name/Address form PDF to the Registrar’s office OR Send an email message to Include your student ID number and new or changed information.
Name: Submit a completed Change of Name/Address form PDF with official documentation (i.e. birth certificate, driver’s license, passport) for proof of legal name.


How do I register for classes?
Undergraduate Buffalo Campus students are registered when they meet with their advisor to plan their class schedule. -  Students should check with the Registrar’s Office to find out how registration is processed in their particular degree program. Please email


How do I see/print my class schedule?
Class schedules are accessible through your Medaille One account which you can always access from the home page of the Medaille College website.


Once I’m registered, what if I want to change my schedule?
Most schedule changes are made by meeting with an advisor, student services or department chair. Buffalo Campus students complete drop/add forms with advisors and submit completed forms to Registrar.


How do I change my major or my concentration?
Submit completed Change of Status Form PDF, available on the Registrar's forms page. The form must be signed by appropriate official - your advisor or department chairperson.


I would like to take a course at another institution over the summer.  Do I need permission?

Yes. Please provide the course description for the course you wish to take elsewhere to the Registrar's Office before you register for the course. The Registrar's Office will provide you with confirmation or the reason why the course will not transfer in. When you have proper confirmation that the course will transfer to Medaille, you may register for the course at the other institution. Upon completion of the course, please forward your official transcript showing the grade you received to the Registrar's Office.


Can I forward emails received in my Medaille email account to another email account?
Yes. Go to Computer Accounts Management Service (CAMS). Login with your MedailleOne login and password. Click on the person next to the mail host mail under account information. Here you can change or cancel your mail forwarding.


What is Pass/Fail?
Medaille College offers the P/F grade primarily as an encouragement for undergraduate students to take more challenging courses than they might without endangering their GPA's. Complete details can be found by requesting a Pass/Fail form available in the Registrar’s Office. There is a deadline by which students can apply for Pass/Fail – usually at the 2/3 mark or 10th week of the semester. Pass/Fail deadlines are posted on the academic calendar for each semester.


How do I withdraw from school or take a leave of absence?
Students must meet with an advisor or department chair and complete a Student Leave of Absence / School Withdrawal Form PDF.


What is the difference between dropping a class and withdrawing from a class?
Students should contact advisors before any schedule changes are made. Students can drop a class anytime before the add/drop deadline with no financial liability or grade. After the add/drop deadline, students can only withdraw from a class and will receive a grade of W with financial liability per a predetermined rate assigned to specific time periods within the semester. Withdrawal deadlines are posted on the academic calendar.


How do I order a replacement diploma?
Submit completed Diploma Reorder Form PDF, also available on the Registrar's forms page. Mail, fax, or scan and email completed form to The fee for a replacement diploma is $50. Your replacement diploma will arrive within 6-8 weeks from date of request.


Whom should I contact about verification of my New York State Teaching Certification?
For any NYS Teaching Certification inquiry, contact Deborah Allen at the Amherst Campus: (716) 932-2567.


What coursework/testing can be considered for transfer credit by Medaille College?

    Medaille College considers the following for transfer credit upon receipt of your official transcript:
  • Credits earned from a regionally accredited college/university: In the area of a student’s major program of study only grades of C or better are transferable. Medaille may accept in transfer up to 12 credit hours of D grades as liberal arts electives or free electives provided that the overall transfer average is at least 2.0. Only credit is transferable; grades, quality points, and cumulative averages do not transfer.
  • Credits earned through the Academic Alternatives program.


How do I request an enrollment verification certificate?
Students may request an enrollment verification certificate directly through their Medaille One account. Follow these instructions for obtaining a certification of enrollment.

I'm grateful for the education I've received.

The instructors were knowledgeable and welcomed class discussions, with
respect for each student's contribution. I've learned how to be a more
effective leader. My capstone class gave insight on how to combine all
the education learned to operate a business. That's when I realized how
much I had sharpened my knowledge.

Medaille College © 2014   All Rights Reserved