Veterinary Technology (AS/BS)
Veterinary Technology (AS/BS)
Medaille students have completed preceptorships at unique sites such as:
Medaille alumni have gone on to work at:
What sets Medaille’s veterinary technology program apart?
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Animals housed on campus
- The experience of working shoulder-to-shoulder with a faculty of active practitioners and researchers in the lab and in the field
- Lecture sessions utilizing computer-assisted instruction and technological “smart classrooms,” with an emphasis on clinical courses and hands-on laboratory exercises
- Reality-based teaching techniques, including the use of case-studies and interactive computer-based activities
- Two off-campus preceptorships
- Opportunities to work with equine and agricultural animals at large animal facilities and local farms
- Medaille’s Veterinary Technology Handbook, featuring policies, procedures and recommended supplies
- Pre-veterinary pathway allows students to complete prerequisite courses for application to veterinary schools
- Pre-professional minor allows students to follow either a four-year veterinary technology or dual-major in biology pathway
- Articulation agreements with Ontario Veterinary College (OVC), University of Guelph and Ross University
- Full accreditation by the American Veterinary Medical Association
- The Medaille Vet Tech Club (visit facebook.com/MedailleCollegeVetTechClub for more info)
With Medaille College's vet tech program, you know you're going places. Whether you choose to begin work as a veterinary technician straight after passing the VTNE, or you choose to follow a pre-professional pathway, preparing yourself for veterinary school or as a dual major, Medaille's vet tech degrees are your ticket to success. Not only will you benefit from our low student-to-faculty ratio, but Medaille vet tech students work side-by-side with a faculty of active veterinarians and researchers, both in the lab and in the field. What's more, the animals you work with are housed on campus, and you'll even have the opportunity to work with equine and agricultural animals at local facilities and farms.
You have an exciting journey ahead —
and we’ll be there every step of the way.
Medaille College is the place for students who want to change their world and improve the lives of their communities through their careers as leaders, advocates and professionals. Each one of Medaille’s undergraduate programs prepares you for the workplace through hands-on learning experiences in and out of the classroom.
Medaille College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000
- Personalized support
- Student-centered environment
- Financial aid and scholarships available
- Vibrant campus located in the heart of the City of Buffalo Relevant real-world experiences
- More than two-dozen clubs and activities
- Successful NCAA Division III athletic teams
TAKE THE NEXT STEP:
Phone: (716) 880-2000
First time freshmen, transfer students and students who wish to apply for associate or bachelor’s degree programs.
Students who wish to apply for master’s degree programs or advanced certifications.
Students who wish to apply for our online-only degree programs.
High school students and transfer students who want to enroll in day classes at the Buffalo campus.
Adult learners applying to our undergraduate or graduate degree programs at either our Buffalo or Rochester campuses.
Adult learners applying to our online undergraduate or graduate degree programs.