The Federal Work Study Program
The Federal Work-Study program at Medaille College is designed to promote the part-time employment of college students who have demonstrated financial need and who require the wages from employment to pursue their degree.
Employment under the Federal Work-Study program is awarded to students who indicate they are interested in the program on their FAFSA and have financial need. The amount earned will not be applied to your tuition bill but will be paid to you through a paycheck. After it is determined that you are eligible with financial aid, you must accept federal work-study on your award screen in Medaille360 and complete an application for a position listed in order to be considered for employment in the federal work-study program.
If you are interested in work-study, please contact the financial aid office to see if you qualify at (716) 880-2256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open job positions are posted below as they are available. All federal work-study positions have an hourly rate in accordance with current labor rules.
• Answer phones and take messages
• Answer questions from students and faculty/staff
• Encourage students to sign both in and out of AccuTrack sign-in stations
• Clean and straighten tables, chairs, and shelves
• Be aware of students in the Center and any needs they may have
• Make copies of ASC forms (testing labels, timesheets, learning strategy guides, online appointment scheduling, test taking protocols,etc.)
• Check ASC and bulletin boards for outdated flyers
• Assist faculty in signing in and out tests
• Assist students in finding a tutor and making appointments.
• Assist students in signing up for Smarthinking if their schedules conflict with the tutors’ availability.
• Check mail from information desk at the beginning of each shift
• Take outgoing mail to the information desk
• Stock computer paper and replenish printers and copiers
• Replenish scrap paper and academic resources
• Straighten bookshelves
• Straighten supply and paper cabinets
• Straighten and clean individual and group testing rooms
• Complete additional task delegated by the supervisor
Videographers and internet and social media savvy students are welcome to apply too.
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Meet and assists field renters with set up and take down of sport specific equipment
- Ensure safety procedures are met and exceeded for all renters
- Miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Sports Facility Coordinator
- Potential to travel with the team to away contests
- Uniform laundry and maintenance
- Film practices and upload film for coaching staff
Support the Biology program with data entry, online transition of course materials, filing, typing in excel file, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Support the science, mathematics, and technology department with data entry, online transition of course materials, filing, typing in excel file, and other administrative duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Administrative Assistant & Assistant Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Clerical assistance for TRIO Student Support Services Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Performs front desk reception duties (answers telephone, assists student walk-ins).
•Maintains office supply inventory.
•Performs filing and data entry duties.
•Maintains a neat and organized computer lab environment by cleaning and sanitizing computers, desks, work spaces, and supplies for
•Manages textbook loan library and equipment inventory.
•Explains program services and eligibility requirements to prospective students.
•Assists in programmatic events such as Awards Ceremony, workshops.
•Promotes programs and events by creating and distributing flyers; and contacting participants.
•Other assistance as needed.
• basic straightening & cleaning,
• answer telephone,
• assist librarians with basic research,
• assist with developing ideas for and creating library displays and promotions,
• pick up/drop off daily mail,
• shelving books and journals,
• shelf reading,
- Assist with Filing
- Make copies
- Assist with organizing program workshops
Manage HEOP social media pages (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
Design, advertise and distribute marketing and promotional materials including flyers and brochures for HEOP events
Assist with the planning, organizing, and implementation of HEOP activities
Clerical tasks including but not limited to filing, making copies, printing, organizing, data entry
Use creativity to design and update HEOP Bulletin Boards
Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills,
Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively with HEOP Staff and other members of the campus community;
Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines