Medaille Participates in the White House COVID-19 College Vaccine Challenge, Issues Social Media Challenge to Students, Faculty & StaffPosted by Medaille College Office of Communications
For the sake of every student, faculty and staff member, Medaille College is taking the White House COVID-19 College Vaccine Challenge pledge and is committing to action. Medaille believes that each student, faculty and staff member can help create a safe campus environment and keep each other safe by taking the #COVIDCollegeChallenge pledge, committing to action and getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
The White House and the U.S. Department of Education are inviting college campuses across the country to join in the efforts to end the pandemic by signing up for the College Vaccine Campus Challenge. Additional details on the challenge, along with a list of all participating institutions, can be found at WhiteHouse.gov/COVIDCollegeChallenge.
Medaille strongly urges all of its students, faculty and staff members to get the COVID-19 vaccine if they have not already done so. Information on vaccines and how to make an appointment can be found on the New York State Department of Health website or by googling “Where can I get a COVID vaccine in my area?” to see local pharmacy, chain store and other locations.
As part of the national #COVIDCollegeChallenge, Medaille College is issuing a social media challenge to all of its students, faculty and staff members. Current students, faculty and staff can participate, starting now through August 9, by following the instructions below. All participants will be entered into a drawing to win a $100 gift card to the Medaille College Store.
How to participate:
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Save the Vaccine Champion social media badge. (Get the image file here.)
- Post the Vaccine Champion social media badge, along with a message of participation and support, on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or LinkedIn account.
- View the COVID-19 College Vaccination Challenge Digital Toolkit for sample educator social media posts and sample student posts.
- Medaille College does NOT encourage anyone to share pictures of their personal vaccination cards on social media.
- Be sure to use the #COVIDCollegeChallenge hashtag in your post, and tag @MedailleCollege on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
- One raffle entry per person per outlet will be permitted.
- Complete the #COVIDCollegeChallenge Social Media Raffle Submission form by August 9 to ensure your social media post(s) are counted toward the gift card drawing. This helps ensure all entries are able to be seen and counted, even if your social media accounts are set to private.
The College also asks that those students who are fully vaccinated complete the Student COVID-19 Vaccination Verification form as soon as possible. Likewise, faculty and staff members should complete the Faculty/Staff COVID-19 Vaccination Verification form.
The Medaille community thanks everyone for their participation and support, as we work together to fight COVID-19 and create a safe campus environment for all.