Program of the Month Roundup: Biology (B.S.)
Medaille’s Program of the Month (POTM) series highlighted students, faculty and alumni from the College’s biology (B.S.) program in April 2018. This bachelor’s degree program focuses on hands-on discovery, and prepares students for a wide range of careers.
Watch a short recap video of April’s POTM coverage on Medaille’s YouTube channel.
Featured items from the biology (BIO) program included:
- A Q&A with then BIO student Marissa Brockway ’17, ’18, accepted into Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine
- A Q&A with BIO alum Matthew Bucheker ’06, a seventh and eighth grade science teacher in the Buffalo Public Schools system
- A Q&A with adjunct faculty member Timothy O’Day, conservationist and director of Campbell Environmental Center
- A Q&A with BIO alum and Clinical Assistant Professor Dr. Bernadette Clabeaux ’05
- The opening of Medaille's donor-funded, state-of-the-art Laboratory and Science Center
- Highlights from the Science in Bloom program, a partnership with the Valley Community Association that allows BIO majors at Medaille to serve as mentors to middle school Buffalo Public Schools students
- A look at Medaille's annual Accepted VET/BIO Student Picnic and Lab Extravaganza
Since the Program of the Month series is primarily housed on Medaille’s social media accounts, you may search #MedaillePOTM on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn to view all past and future posts. Follow Medaille on social media to catch highlights from the series, which will return in fall 2018.
Photo by Nancy J. Parisi.
Dr. Keith Klostermann will be honored with the Bridge Builder Award for International Service at the National Board for Certified Counselors Foundation Symposium in May for his extraordinary commitment, leadership and accomplishment in service to underserved populations.
Medaille's communication program recently hosted its 14th annual Media Awards Luncheon, bringing together and honoring some of the most important and well-respected individuals in Buffalo’s media, broadcasting, public relations and law enforcement communities.
Medaille Professor and PsyD Students Collaborate With Local Psychologist for an Article in the Global Journal of Addiction & Rehabilitation MedicineAssistant Professor Dr. Keith Klostermann, along with current PsyD students Emma Papagni, Diana Borrelli and Melissa Mahadeo, recently collaborated with local psychologist to write an article titled “Substance Abuse and Violence: The Case for Couples Therapy.”
Business manager and HR supervisor Carrie Grant ’17 credits her MBA education for changing her life, her career path, and the ways she thinks and interacts with others in the workplace.
Medaille Professor Appointed to the Editorial Board for the International Journal of Psychology & Behavior AnalysisKeith Klostermann, Ph.D., LMFT, LMHC, an assistant professor in Medaille’s master’s in marriage and family therapy program, was recently appointed to the Editorial Board for the International Journal of Psychology & Behavior Analysis.
First time freshmen, transfer students and students who wish to apply for associate or bachelor’s degree programs.
Students who wish to apply for master’s degree programs or advanced certifications.
Students who wish to apply for our online-only degree programs.
High school students and transfer students who want to enroll in day classes at the Buffalo campus.
Adult learners applying to our undergraduate or graduate degree programs at either our Buffalo or Rochester campuses.
Adult learners applying to our online undergraduate or graduate degree programs.