Second Annual Medaille Pride Awards Social and Hall of Fame Induction Honors Alumni and Others on College Colors Day
Alumni, students, faculty, staff, honorees and guests gathered at the second annual Medaille Pride Awards Social on September 5. The ceremony, which was held on College Colors Day at Medaille, also included the induction of the inaugural class of athletes into Medaille’s newly formed Athletic Hall of Fame. The proceedings served to recognize distinguished alumni, as well as those who go above and beyond to make significant contributions to the Medaille community.
Department of Education Associate Professor Dr. Jeff Faunce served as the evening’s emcee. Awards were then presented by Medaille College President Dr. Kenneth Macur, College Colors Day Committee Co-chairs Laura Horton ’06, ’11 and Tricia Jetty ’13, Director of Alumni Engagement Nick Koziol, and Executive Vice President of the Alumni Association Board of Directors Bryan Krempa ’00, ’06.
The following award recipients were honored:
- The Distinguished Alumni Award: Cindi McEachon ’10
- The Influential Young Alumni Award: Joshua Jacobs ’12
- Outstanding Volunteer Award: Mary Beth Parrinello ’81
- Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award: Dr. Keith Klostermann
- Honorary Alumni Award: Paul Hoffman
- Medaille Pride Faculty Award: Lisa Marsherall (full-time faculty recipient) and Lindsey Rickard ’12 (adjunct faculty recipient)
- Medaille Pride Student Award: Caitlyn Cornish (undergraduate student recipient) and Samuel Bloomberg ’17, ’18 (graduate student recipient)
- Medaille Pride Kathy Lazar ’72 Staff Award: the late Vicki Ward
The following Mavericks were inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame:
- The late Kevin I. Sullivan (former Medaille president)
- Andrea Belis ’02 (volleyball, basketball, softball and lacrosse)
- Adam Baker (softball and basketball)
- Gary Boughton, II ’09 (soccer)
- Brandon Lumadue ’11 (baseball)
The Medaille community sincerely thanks the sponsors and partners who made all College Colors Day festivities possible.
Photos by Nancy J. Parisi
Literacy Education Program Director Dr. Jennifer Reichenberg recently collaborated to publish an article entitled “'When Your Lesson is Bombing': The Mediation of Perplexity in the Development of a Reflective Stance Toward Teaching” in the Teaching and Teacher Education journal.
Dr. Villaseñor Presents at the Annual Conference of the British Society for Eighteenth Century StudiesDr. Alice Villaseñor recently presented her work at the Annual Conference of the British Society for Eighteenth Century Studies at St. Hugh’s College, Oxford University.
Some snapshots of this historical day in Medaille College athletics.
Medaille Professor Receives American Mental Health Counselors Association Diplomate and Clinical Mental Health Specialist AwardDr. Keith Klostermann has been selected to receive an American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) Diplomate and Clinical Mental Health Specialist award in Child and Adolescent Counseling.
Medaille Professor and PsyD Student Collaborate With Local Psychologist for an Article in Archives of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences JournalAssistant Professor in the marriage and family therapy program Keith Klostermann, Ph.D., LMFT, LMHC and current PsyD student Emma Papagni collaborated with local psychologist Theresa Mignone, Ph.D., to author “Ethical Decision Making in Marriage and Family Therapy: A Model for Supervisees.”
First time freshmen, transfer students and students who wish to apply for associate or bachelor’s degree programs.
Students who wish to apply for master’s degree programs or advanced certifications.
Students who wish to apply for our online-only degree programs.
High school students and transfer students who want to enroll in day classes at the Buffalo campus.
Adult learners applying to our undergraduate or graduate degree programs at either our Buffalo or Rochester campuses.
Adult learners applying to our online undergraduate or graduate degree programs.