What we do:
- Referral to community health and mental health agencies/hospitals
- Notifying parent/guardian only if student is deemed a threat to self and/or others, or if the student provides consent to talk with parent/guardian.
- Requesting permission to obtain outside medical and educational records.
- Checking with law enforcement or other outside agencies for past history.
Potential recommendations for disposition:
- No action taken
- Assist faculty or staff in developing plan of action
- Referral to existing campus support resources
- Referral to appropriate community resources
- Recommendation of parental notification
- Recommendation of a voluntary withdrawal
- Recommendation of an involuntary health withdrawal
- Referral to Student Conduct Office
- Referral to Counseling Center for an assessment