Housing Accommodations

You are here

Disability-Related Housing Accommodation

The Residence Life Office recognizes the importance of providing reasonable accommodations in its housing policies and practices necessary for individuals to use the residence halls and enjoy the residential experience.  A student who believes they need a disability-related housing accommodation should contact Accessibility Services (located in Huber 101 or at 716-880-3088) to obtain a Housing Accommodation Request Form. Requests should be submitted as soon as possible and, absent extenuating circumstances, prior to room assignment as defined below.  The location of a particular assignment can never be guaranteed. It is our goal to accommodate each specific need with an appropriate housing assignment on an individualized basis. Students that qualify for Disability-Related Housing Accommodation under Section 504/ADA will receive any such accommodations without any additional charge.  Requests for accommodations must be submitted each academic year using the following procedure:

1. Student submits the Disability-Related Housing Accommodation Request (hereafter referred to as the Accommodation Request form) to Accessibility Services along with supporting medical documentation establishing the need for an accommodation.

  • Accommodation requests made fewer than 30 days before the start of the semester cannot be guaranteed. However, if the student already lives on-campus, they should contact Accessibility Services and submit the Accommodation Request form as soon as the need becomes apparent.
  • Accessibility Services will provide an acknowledgement of the student’s request within 30 days of receipt. 

Upon prompt review of the supporting documentation provided by the student, Accessibility Services will advise, in writing, both the student and Residence Life Office of the recommended accommodation.

New Residential Students:

  • Must complete the housing application.
  • Must contact Accessibility Services to request an accommodation, no fewer than 30 days before the start of the semester.

Current Residential Students:

  • Must contact Accessibility Services to request an accommodation as soon as possible, if submitting a new request during the academic year.
  • Requests for an accommodation for the following academic year must be submitted to Accessibility Services prior to the room selection process on February 1.

2. If the accommodation request is approved, Accessibility Services will contact the Residence Life Office to identify the appropriate room assignment to meet the need.

3. The Residence Life Office will contact the student regarding the housing assignment.

Accessibility Services

Residence Life Office

Apply Now

Undergraduate Programs

First time freshmen, transfer students and students who wish to apply for associate or bachelor’s degree programs.

Graduate Programs

Students who wish to apply for master’s degree programs or advanced certifications.

Online Programs

Students who wish to apply for our online-only degree programs.

You are here

Request Information

There’s no better time than now to take the next step in your education. Request information for a Medaille College program below...

Undergraduate Programs
First-time freshmen and transfer students looking for the full on-campus college experience.

Adult and Graduate Programs
Working professionals and adults who've been out of school for a while, looking to advance their careers.

Online Programs
Students looking to earn a degree entirely online.

Visit Medaille

Undergraduate Programs

High school students and transfer students who want to enroll in day classes at the Buffalo campus.

Adult and Graduate Programs

Adult learners applying to our undergraduate or graduate degree programs at either our Buffalo or Rochester campuses.

Online Programs

Adult learners applying to our online undergraduate or graduate degree programs.