Medaille University Office of the Registrar: Transcripts, Degree Audit, Enrollment Verification


Office of the Registrar

The Medaille University Office of the Registrar manages academic records for students, faculty and alumni.


Office of the Registrar
Buffalo Campus, Main Building, First Floor M133
(716) 880-2365

Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.


Enrollment verification

Leave of absence
Please speak with your advisor (716) 880-2227 to discuss leave of absence.

Transcript request

In order to withdraw from the University, you must speak with your advisor. Please call (716) 880-2227 to learn more.



The Office of the Registrar is responsible for maintaining academic transcript records for all current and former students. Students may request transcripts through National Student Clearinghouse regardless of when they attended.


Information on Official Transcripts

Official transcripts may not be ordered over the phone, by email, or by a third party. All transcript requests must be submitted online.

  • All holds must be resolved before official transcripts are released.
  • If holds prohibit the release of transcripts, email alerts will contain relevant instructions for addressing holds.
  • Applicable fees for processing, transcripts, and delivery will be charged and must be paid by credit or debit card at the time the order is placed.
  • Official transcripts will not be faxed. Electronic delivery of PDF transcripts is available with your order to expedite delivery.
  • You will receive email confirmation of your order and may opt to receive text alert status updates. Payment of fees is accepted by credit or debit card. Your card will not be charged until the transcript request has been processed.
  • We cannot be responsible for non-receipt of transcript requests or non-delivery by the postal service.


Transcript Processing Details

Most electronic PDF transcripts are processed within an hour of order placement. All non-PDF delivery methods require a minimum of one to two days processing time. Processing may be longer during peak periods (e.g. final exams, graduation) or if the student attended prior to 1991. Additional time may also be required due to university closures. Closure notices will be posted on the Medaille University website. Under most circumstances, an electronic PDF transcript order will be processed despite closures and peak delays.

Students may access unofficial transcripts through Medaille360.

Unofficial transcripts are no longer available to anyone who does not have access to Medaille360. This includes anyone who has not attended Medaille University within one year. Official transcripts should be ordered through the electronic system, National Student Clearinghouse.

Degrees are typically awarded approximately three weeks following the commencement conferral date for each term. Degree information will not appear on transcripts until that time. Select “Hold for Degree” when ordering your transcript via National Student Clearinghouse. Once conferral is complete, the transcript will be sent.


Ordering Your Transcript

Order your official transcript directly through National Student Clearinghouse.


Copies of Transcripts from Other Institutions

Medaille University does not release copies of other institutions’ transcripts. It is necessary to obtain transcripts directly from the original institution. This includes both college/university and high school transcripts. Transcripts and all documentation of academic history from other institutions submitted to Medaille University become the property of Medaille University and cannot be returned to students or forwarded to other institutions. Once received, all academic documents are retained by the Registrar’s Office. Federal policy (FERPA) states that a student has the right to view documents in his or her file. However, the University is not required to provide (or allow the making of ) copies of such documents.

Medaille University, along with most colleges and universities, has a policy prohibiting the release of copied academic documentation from other institutions. Stated below are the following reasons behind this policy and common practice:

  1. Academic documents from another institution reflect a student’s academic record at that institution at a particular time (like a snapshot) and might be incomplete. The record may have been augmented or changed by the issuing institution after the time of receipt by Medaille University.
  2. Current, complete, accurate, and official student records are issued by the original institution. It is a common practice that entities receiving and reviewing academic documents should always reference official academic documents, not copies.
  3. Medaille University has no way of knowing whether a student wishes to use a copy of a transcript from another institution to avoid having others see grades or information which may be considered negative (e.g. incomplete grades, low grades, etc.). Students may have an account balance at the issuing institution and may therefore be prevented from obtaining an official transcript until such obligations are met. As a professional courtesy, Medaille University honors the desire of issuing institutions to have official academic documents obtained directly from other issuing institutions. Medaille University requests that other institutions refrain from releasing copies of Medaille University transcripts/academic documents found in their student files.

Student Forms

Graduation Application

Authorization to Disclose Student Information (FERPA)

Authorization to Withhold Directory Information (FERPA)

Change of Name/Address

Change of Status

Cross Registration

Diploma Reorder

Directed/Independent Study Application

Leave of absence:
Please speak with your advisor (716) 880-2227 to discuss leave of absence.


Preferred Name Request Form

In order to withdraw from the University, you must speak with your advisor. Please call (716) 880-2227 to learn more.


Faculty Forms
The following forms are available for faculty only.

Change of Grade: use for grades given two terms prior to current term ONLY; all other changes must be submitted through Medaille360.

Record of Incomplete
Fillable PDF; download first.

Incomplete Grade Extension

Registration Worksheet

Registration Drop/Add Worksheet

Course Substitution/Waiver of Academic Policy

Enrollment Verification

Enrollment Verification

Students who require a certification verifying their enrollment status may print one directly from their Medaille360 account. Certified enrollment certificates are available after the drop/add deadline each semester.

Advanced registration certificates are also available through Medaille360. An advanced registration certificate shows anticipated enrollment for the upcoming semester. Enrollment cannot be certified until after the drop/add deadline each semester.

View Detailed Enrollment Verification Instructions

Cross Registration

Cross Registration

Medaille University belongs to the Western New York Consortium of Higher Education, which permits full-time students to register for individual courses at any of the participating colleges or universities.

Requirements of Cross Registration
Please read carefully before completing the Cross Registration form.

  • Full-time (at least 12 but no more than 18 credits) matriculated status during the semester in which cross registration occurs.
  • Cross registration eligibility is discontinued if student status falls below full-time during cross registration semester. Medaille University will notify the host institution and appropriate action will be determined (i.e., tuition liability for cross registered courses or canceled enrollment).


Restrictions of Cross Registration

  • Students may cross register for only one course per semester
  • Students may cross register for undergraduate courses only
  • Students may cross register for fall and/or spring semesters only
  • Students may NOT cross register for Independent Study at hosting institution
  • Students may NOT cross register for courses already taken and failed at Medaille University


It is the Responsibility of the Student to:

  • Find courses at the participating institution that fulfill requirements of the degree program at Medaille; the student must bring a course description to the Registrar’s Office before being allowed to cross register
  • Acquire written approval from advisor and department chairperson
  • Abide by the rules and regulations outlined at the institution where student is registered


Steps to Apply for Cross Registration
For important registration dates and deadlines at each participating institution, visit the Western New York Consortium of Registrars Cross Registration Calendar.

  1. Student registers with full-time status at Medaille University
  2. Submit course description to Office of Registrar for approval
  3. Office of Registrar approves course
  4. Student prints Cross Registration form and obtains signatures from advisor and Office of Registrar
  5. Student brings Cross Registration form to the host institution and registers there in appropriate time frame
  6. At the end of the semester, student requests an official transcript from the host institution to be sent to Medaille University Office of Registrar


Participating Institutions
The schools listed below belong to the WNY Consortium of Higher Education and participate in WNY cross registration.

Alfred State College

Buffalo State College

Canisius College

Daemen College

D’Youville University

Empire State College

Erie Community College

State University of New York (SUNY) Fredonia

Genesee Community College

Hilbert College

Houghton College

Jamestown Community College

Niagara County Community College

Niagara University

St. Bonaventure University

State University of New York (SUNY) Buffalo

Trocaire College

Villa Maria College

Degree Audit

Degree Audit

The Office of the Registrar is pleased to announce that a self-service degree audit is available through Medaille360 to all current Medaille students and advisors. This is an extremely useful tool that will help you stay on track for graduation.

Viewing and Running a Degree Audit: Instructions for Students

Viewing and Running a Degree Audit: Instructions for Advisors

Roadmap for Understanding your Degree Audit


Degree Audit FAQs

What is a degree audit?
A degree audit is a self-service assessment of a student’s academic progress in a specific program of study.

Why should I use my degree audit?
Your degree audit is an invaluable tool that assists you in staying on track for graduation. It lists all program requirements met and unmet as well as your GPA.

How do I access the degree audit?
You can access the degree audit directly through Medaille360.
Student Degree Audit Instructions
Advisor Degree Audit Instructions

How do I read my degree audit?
Degree Audit Interpretation Instructions

Does my degree audit replace my academic advising appointments?
No. You must still meet with your academic advisor every semester before registering for classes.

What is the What-If Analysis feature?
The What-If Analysis feature allows you to see what your coursework looks like in another major. This is a useful tool if you are considering changing majors.
View What-If Analysis Feature Instructions

I am a dual-degree/major student. How do I run my degree audit for both degrees/majors?
You will need to run two separate degree audits, using the What-If Analysis.

Why are there “courses not used” at the bottom of my degree audit?
Courses are listed in this section for one or more of the following reasons:

  • The course did not receive a passing grade.
  • The course was repeated.
  • The course fulfilled a requirement from a previous program.
  • Partial credit for the course was used to fulfill a requirement.
  • Adjustment for a course waiver has not been entered in the system.

My degree audit does not seem to be working properly. Now what?
Contact us! We’re here to help. Email and a representative will review your degree audit and respond with an explanation.


Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)

Annually, Medaille University informs students of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended. This Act, with which the institution intends to comply fully, was designated to protect the privacy of educational records, to establish the rights of students to inspect and review the educational records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings. Students also have the right to file complaints with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Office (FERPA) concerning alleged failures by the institution to comply with the Act.

The full FERPA policy can be found at FERPA for Students. In addition, it is printed in the Student Handbook.

Students who wish to authorize to certain individuals the release of academic, financial and/or student life records should complete and submit the FERPA Information Release form to the Registrar’s Office. Students may also authorize release of academic, financial and/or student life records through Medaille360.

Please note, FERPA authorization to release information remains in effect until a written request from the student to rescind or modify authorization is received by Medaille University Office of the Registrar.


Exemption Requirement

Medaille University adheres to all requirements pertaining to the protection of student information.

However, there are limited exceptions to FERPA regulations under which Medaille is permitted to disclose education records or personally identifiable, non-directory information from education records in connection with a health or safety emergency without student consent.

The situation must present imminent danger to a student, other students, or members of the school community in order to qualify as an exception. This action is not taken lightly and only under circumstances that present imminent danger.


Directory Information

The following is considered “directory information” at Medaille University and will be made available to the general public, unless the student notifies the Office of the Registrar in person or in writing, before the last day to drop classes. Medaille University will never release this information for commercial purposes.

Student name


Telephone number

Major/field of study



Academic awards or honors

Dates of enrollment

Enrollment status

Level of study

Weight and height (if member of athletic teams)

Participation in extracurricular activities

Under the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, students have the right to withhold disclosure of such directory information. Medaille University will honor your request to withhold directory information. Please consider carefully the consequences of any such decision to withhold such directory information. Should you decide not to release any of this information, any requests for such information from Medaille University will be refused. This includes degree and enrollment verification requests from potential employers, enrollment verification to lenders and the standard contact information listed in your file.

If desired, a student may complete the Request to Withhold Directory Information form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar. Please note, a FERPA request to withhold directory information remains in effect until a written request to rescind or modify the request is submitted from the student to the Office of the Registrar.

Questions concerning the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act may be directed to

GPA Calculator

Grade Point Average (GPA) Calculator

To calculate your overall/predicted GPA
In the first section (Prior Credits and GPA), enter the most recent GPA you know (or an estimate) and the total number of credits you have completed. Follow the steps listed below for the current semester to see your new predicted GPA. Your cumulative credits and GPA will be listed in the third section.

To calculate your current semester GPA
You may fill out this section with or without filling out section one. In the second section, (Current Credits and GPA), enter the number of credits each class was worth (1-4) then enter the letter grade you think you will receive or the grade you have received. Do this for each of your classes. Your semester credits and GPA will be calculated in the third section.

Your GPA is calculated by dividing the total grade points by the total credits.

Prior Credits and GPA

Current Credits and Grades
# Course Credit Hours Grade Grade Points
Overall Credits and GPA

Pass/Fail (P/F)

Medaille University offers the P/F grade primarily to encourage undergraduate students to take more challenging courses than they otherwise might, without endangering their grade point average (GPA). Students earn credits, but not quality points, for courses in which they earn a passing (P) grade. A failing (F) grade is punitive and is factored into the quality point average.

Students may take a limited number of courses on a P/F basis. Although there is no limit to the number of courses to be taken P/F during a single semester, no more than ten percent (10%) of the total degree or certificate program may be taken P/F. Students may not take general education core or major requirement courses as P/F and, furthermore, must consult their academic department for a list of acceptable courses within their program.

P/F grades are student initiated. You may download and complete a Pass/Fail form, or pick one up from the Office of the Registrar. Students requesting to take a course on a P/F basis must sign and return the form to the Registrar’s Office, within the declared deadline. Arrangements to take a course on such a basis are final.

Since colleges differ on acceptance of P/F grades, students interested in advanced study at other institutions should investigate the acceptance of such grades by specific graduate schools.

P/F grades DO impact your eligibility for the Dean’s List.

Dante (DSST) Exams

Dante (DSST) Exams

If you wish to schedule a DSST exam at Medaille, please contact

DSST Exam Application




Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I request a transcript?
Click on the “Transcript” tab above and place your transcript order through the National Student Clearinghouse.  Currently enrolled students can also download an unofficial copy of their transcript through their Medaille 360 account.


How do I apply for graduation?
Students must apply for graduation through Medaille360.  Follow these graduation application directions.  Please note that there are specific deadlines for each conferral date.


I’ve graduated – when will I receive my diploma?
Degrees are typically conferred 2-3 weeks after the conferral date (May 31, August 31 or December 31). Pending any holds, diplomas are approximately ordered and mailed out 4-6 weeks after all degrees have been conferred.


What is the difference between my graduation date and my conferral date?
Graduation date is the date of the graduation ceremony. Conferral date is the date on your diploma, depending on which month your degree is conferred (May 31, August 31 or December 31).


How do I change my name, address or phone number?
Address/Phone: Submit a completed Change of Name Form to the Registrar’s office OR Send an email message to Include your student ID number and new or changed information.

Name: Submit a completed Change of Name Form with official documentation (i.e. birth certificate, driver’s license, passport) for proof of legal name.

**If you have applied for graduation and are changing your name/address, please let us know by checking the correct boxes on the Change of Name/Address form or in your email to**

**All Name/Address Change requests must be sent from the student’s Medaille email account**


How do I register for classes?
Undergraduate Buffalo Traditional students are registered when they meet with their advisor to plan their class schedule.  Please contact the Advisement Center at

Post-Traditional Undergraduate students, please contact

Graduate Students, please contact your faculty advisor.

If you are unsure who to contact, please email the Registrar’s Office at  We will be able to get you in contact with the appropriate office/person.


How do I see/print my class schedule?
Class schedules are accessible through your Medaille360 account.  Students are able to print/download their schedule from their Medaille360 account.


Once I’m registered, what if I want to change my schedule?
Please contact your Advisor to request schedule changes. Any schedules must be requested and changed prior to the add/drop deadlines noted on the academic calendar.


How do I change my major or my concentration?
Submit completed Change of Status Form.  The form must be signed by your advisor or department chair, prior to sending to the Registrar’s Office.


I would like to take a course at another institution over the summer. Do I need permission?
Yes. Please provide the link to the course description from the specific college/university for the course you wish to take elsewhere.  Please email the information to the Registrar's Office before you register for the course. The Registrar's Office will provide you with confirmation or the reason why the course will not transfer in. When you have proper confirmation that the course will transfer to Medaille, you may register for the course at the other institution. Upon completion of the course, please forward your official transcript showing the grade you received to the Registrar's Office.

**All requests for transfer credit review must be sent from the student’s Medaille email account**


What is Pass/Fail?
Medaille University offers the P/F grade primarily as an encouragement for undergraduate students to take more challenging courses than they might without endangering their GPA's. Complete details can be found by requesting a Pass/Fail form available in the Registrar’s Office. There is a deadline by which students can apply for Pass/Fail – usually at the 2/3 mark or 10th week of the semester. Pass/Fail deadlines are posted on the academic calendar for each semester.


How do I withdraw from school?
Students must meet with an advisor to complete a University Withdrawal form. 


What is the difference between dropping a class and withdrawing from a class?
Students should contact advisors before any schedule changes are made. Students can drop a class prior to the add/drop deadline with no financial liability or grade. After the add/drop deadline, students can only withdraw from a class and will receive a grade of ‘W’ with financial liability per a predetermined rate assigned to specific time periods within the semester. Withdrawal deadlines are posted on the academic calendar.


How do I order a replacement diploma?
Submit completed Diploma Reorder Form.  Mail, fax, or scan and email completed form to The fee for a replacement diploma is $50. Your replacement diploma processed within 2-4 weeks of the request.


Whom should I contact about verification of my Medaille degree?
Please contact the Registrar at or (716) 880-2365.


Whom should I contact about verification of my New York State Teaching Certification?
For any NYS Teaching Certification inquiry, contact the Education Department at (716) 880-2623.


What coursework/testing can be considered for transfer credit by Medaille University?
Medaille University considers the following for transfer credit upon receipt of your official transcript:

  • Credits earned from a regionally accredited college/university: In the area of a student’s major program of study only grades of ‘C’ or better are transferable. Medaille may accept in transfer up to 12 credit hours of ‘D’ grades as free electives provided that the overall transfer average is at least 2.0. Only credit is transferable; grades, quality points, and cumulative averages do not transfer.
  • Credits earned through the Academic Alternatives program.


How do I request an enrollment verification certificate?
Students may request an enrollment verification certificate directly through their Medaille360 account. All certifications of enrollment for Medaille University are now obtained through the National Student Loan Clearinghouse. Medaille University has authorized the National Student Loan Clearinghouse to issue all official certifications of enrollment on their behalf. This site also provides personalized enrollment status information, deferment notifications, proofs of enrollment provided, and specific student loan information.

Please follow these instructions to obtain your certification of enrollment:

Medaille University students may also access information about their enrollment status, student loan deferment notifications, proofs of enrollment provided, and specific information about their student loans through the National Student Loan Clearinghouse portal. To access this information, click on the appropriate link after continuing to NSLC.


^ Back to Top