Tuition & Student Accounts
The Student Accounts office is responsible for billing tuition, fees, room and board and the posting of payments, financial aid and loans. Student Accounts also reviews accounts for refunding any payment in excess of the tuition, fees and room and board, if applicable. Refunds are not processed until an account hits a credit balance.
Student Accounts Office
Buffalo Campus, Main Building, First Floor
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Effective Fall 2022 (traditional daytime undergraduate programs)
Part-time Tuition (1-11 credit hours and anything over 18 credit hours)
$971 / credit hour
Full-time Tuition (12-18 credit hours)
Undergraduate Student Fee
Undergraduate Room and Board (Buffalo campus only)
Rates are subject to change.
Effective Summer 2022 ONLY (traditional daytime undergraduate programs)
$475 / credit hour
Post-Traditional, Graduate & Online Tuition Rates
Effective Fall 2022 (post-traditional, graduate and online programs)
|Program||TUITION PER CREDIT HOUR||FEES||CAMPUS|
|Active Duty Military*||One-time Student Fee**||One-time Graduation Fee***||B - Buffalo
R - Rochester
O - Online
|Associate in Science in Business||$500.00||$250.00||$100.00||$50.00||B/O|
|Associate in Science in General Studies||$500.00||$250.00||$100.00||$50.00||B/O|
|Associate in Applied Science in Veterinary Technology||$500.00||$250.00||$100.00||$50.00||R/O|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||$775.00||$250.00||$100.00||$50.00||B/O|
|Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice||$775.00||$250.00||$100.00||$50.00||O|
|Bachelor of Science in General Studies||$775.00||$250.00||$100.00||$50.00||B/O|
|Master of Business Administration||$970.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B/O|
|Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership||$970.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B/O|
|Master of Science in Accounting||$970.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B|
|Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling||$925.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B/R/O|
|Master of Arts in Psychology||$925.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B/O|
|Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy||$925.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B|
|Master of Science in Education, Elementary Education||$825.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B|
|Master of Science in Education, Adolescent/Secondary Education||$825.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B|
|Master of Science in Education, Literacy||$825.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B|
|Master of Science in Education, Students with Disabilities||$825.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B|
|Canadian Students only- Master of Science
in Elementary Education: Childhood
|Canadian Students only -
Master of Science in Adolescent Education
|Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology (PsyD)||$1,220.00||5% discount per cr hr||$100.00||$50.00||B|
Advanced Graduate (Post Master) Certificates
|Advanced Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (for students starting prior to summer 2021)||$525.00||$525.00||$100.00||$10.00||O|
|Advanced Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (for students starting summer 2021 and after)||$330.00||$330.00||$100.00||$10.00||O|
|Advanced Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy||$525.00||$525.00||$100.00||$10.00||B|
|Post-Master's Advanced Certificate in Literacy||$525.00||$525.00||$100.00||$10.00||B|
|Post-Master's Advanced Certificate in Students with Disabilities||$525.00||$525.00||$100.00||$10.00||B|
* Active duty military status required for tuition discount. Visit Veteran & Military Admissions for details.
** One-time student fee is charged to the student account.
*** One-time graduate fee is charged to the student account upon application for graduation.
† Education students, please see academic catalogs for information on additional fees.
Medaille University sends out monthly electronic tuition bill statements, which will show balance due and when. Students and authorized users will receive an email when a new bill statement is ready.
Through the Billing and Financial Aid section in Medaille360, you may:
View current and previous tuition bill statements
View current account status, recent payments and credits
Make payments via checking account or credit card
See the courses you’re taking in the current semester
Change your profile
Set up authorized users
There are some excellent functions available through the electronic billing system. The best way to learn all that you may do is to log on and try them out. If you have any computer issues, please contact IT Helpdesk at (716) 880-2282.
Visit Medaille360 via 360.medaille.edu
Enter your username and password to log in
Choose 360 for Students at the top of the page if you haven’t landed there already
Choose the Billing and Financial Aid icon
Under Billing, choose Review eBill
This is your personal student account page. At the top, you’ll see your balance due, less financial aid. This balance is what needs to be paid, unless it is zero or a negative balance.
Choose Make Payment to make a payment on your bill
Choose View Statements to see your latest bill
Choose Payment Plans to sign up for a payment plan at the start of the fall and spring semesters
Choose Account Summary by Term to view each item that has been posted to your account
This service is available to you 24 hours per day, seven days per week, for your convenience.
How to Add an Authorized User
Authorized users may only be set up by the student. When an authorized user is added, that person has access to your electronic bill but not to any other function of Medaille360. In order to add an authorized user, navigate to the Billing section as described above. Then,
Choose Add Authorized User
The person you add must have a valid email address
There are two access questions that default to “yes”:
Would you like to allow this person to view your billing statement?
Would you like to allow this person to view your payment history?
We recommend that you leave the default answer to “yes” and then choose Add User
Read the authorization page and enter the last four digits of your student ID number as verification, then click “I agree”
You will receive notification that an authorized user was added and that an email was sent to that person with instructions on how to log in to the account
Tuition, housing and fees must be covered by the due date on the latest Billing Statement, either with financial aid, on a payment plan or paid in full, to avoid a $150 late fee and hold.
Please be advised that prior semester balances cannot be carried over to the next semester. A hold will be placed on all accounts not paid by the due date and will prohibit a student from registering for the next semester, receiving grades, transcripts, diploma or books for classes with a resource fee.
When a student registers for classes at Medaille University, it is understood that the student will pay in full all charges assumed on the due date, first day of class. Failure to attend classes does not alter the charges or entitle the student to a tuition refund.
The following methods are valid for paying your electronic tuition billing statement:
Credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express)
Financial aid (ensure all of your financial aid is in place by the start of school; i.e. TAP, scholarships, grants, loans)
A combination of the above payment methods may be utilized.
Semester Payment Plans and How to Enroll
- The payment plan is offered for the fall and spring semesters only.
- An individual must re-enroll each new semester.
- A $40 enrollment fee due each semester at sign-up.
- To calculate the Budget Amount of the payment plan, the individual must look at the tuition bill, calculate total charges less total aid and this is the Budget Amount. If assistance with the proper budget amount is needed, contact the Student Accounts office.
- There are 5 payments due:
Fall semester due dates are the 1st of each month August through December.
Spring semester due dates are the 5th of each month January through May.
- An individual can enroll after the first payment plan due date or up to one week after the payment plan second due date in a semester, but must make payment for past due dates at enrollment.
- Student should note there is a $35 late fee for late payments
Enrollment into Payment Plan
- Individuals must log into Medaille360 with their approriate Medaille user name and password.
- If assistance with login is needed, contact the IT Helpdesk at 716-880-2282 or email@example.com
- Individuals should select “360 for Students” , then select the “Billing & Financial Aid” box. Under “Billing”, select “Review eBill”, this is the home page for the student account information.
- Individuals should select the “Enroll in Payment Plan” box
- Select Term from the pull down menu, then click “Select”
- On the far right, click on the “Details” box and the plan details will come up, then click“Select”
- Individuals should type in the Budget Amount in the “Charge(s)” box for tuition (no commas), hit tab, then click “Update Schedule” (Need help with your budget? Contact Student Accounts office.)
- The payment schedule comes up with Installment due dates and amounts.
- At the bottom of the page, an individual can select whether they want to Set up Automatic Payments or not by clicking “Yes” or “No”.
- When done with this page, select “Continue”
- Next, it will ask for payment information, answer each question as it comes up. The individual can also choose to save payment options. When done click “Continue”.
- It will say the enrollment was processed successfully. The individual can select the “View Agreement” box to see the details of the Agreement.
- A Payment Receipt should come up, the individual can print for their records.
- Once done with enrollment the individual will note the $40 Payment Plan Enrollment Fee charged to the tuition bill and the $40 payment for the fee on the bill, and down payments, if any.
Making Payments on the Payment Plan:
- When making payments each month, (if not on automatic payments), log into Medaille360, select “360 for Students” , then select the “Billing & Financial Aid” box. Under “Billing”, select “Review eBill”, select “Payment Plans” tab.
- Be sure to always select “Pay Next Installment”. This will properly record the payment for the next installment due.
- Individuals can also contact the Student Accounts office to make the payment. The Student Accounts office will record that installment payment was made on the individual’s plan.
- An individual can pay off the plan early, with the Student Accounts office, with no penalty.
RECALCULATING BUDGET AFTER ENROLLMENT:
- Contact the Student Accounts office for assistance.
For our Adult and Graduate students only - If you are eligible to receive tuition reimbursement from your employer and want to use that to pay your tuition bill, you are reqired to provide the Student Accounts office with your employer’s Tuition Reimbursment Policy, before classes start for the semester. You can scan the policy and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the necessary documentation has been received, Student Accounts will defer the due date for tuition payment, from the initial semester due date to up to 30 days after each class ends. Future semester deferments are only available to students who fulfill their payment obligations for the current semester. Failure to pay by the deferred due date will result in a hold on the student account.
Canadian/International Students Payment Methods
1) NEW - Medaille University has partnered with PayMyTuition for international tuition payments. With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple, and cost effective.
Additional Information on PayMyTuition:
How to make a payment – step-by-step PDFs:
PayMyTuition customer support information
No matter what time zone you are in, you will have a dedicated customer support team available to you through live chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions and help you make your payment.
2) Mail in a US dollar bank draft, made payable to Medaille University and mail to: Medaille University, 18 Agassiz Circle, Buffalo, NY 14214 Attn: Student Accounts. Be sure to write your student ID number on the check.
You can bring in a US dollar bank draft, made payable to Medaille University, to the Student Accounts Office during business hours or after hours you can place your payment in our drop box, located in the Campus Safety Office.
3) Use web site www.medaille.edu/northstar for NorthStar Currency, to initiate a US dollar payment online and pay from your non-US bank account. Payment is transferred directly to Medaille University with the student information. Allow up to 10 days for payment to post to your student account.
4) Pay on Medaille360 with a credit card or contact the Student Accounts Office 716-880-2271 to pay by credit card, 2.85% service fee applies.
5) Pay on Medaille360 via BANK WIRE which allows you to pay in US dollars from your non-US bank account.
Log into Medaille360 with your username and password, click on “360 for Students”, click on Billing & Financial Aid box, click on “Review eBill” . This is your home page for your Student Account. Click Make Payment, enter US $ amount you are paying, Select Method; "Bank Wire", continue, enter country, ie Canada, continue, enter address and email, continue, the Exchange Amount comes up, Click Accept. Download payment instructions on how to pay from your bank to the indicated bank, click Finish. Last step: follow the payment instructions to have funds wired from your bank to the indicated bank. NOTE: be sure to include Payment Reference Number which identifies your payment. Once you have completed payment to the indicated bank, allow 5 days for your payment to post to your student account.
Credit balances on the student account due to excess Title IV Federal Financial Aid funds will be refunded to the student within 14 business days after the student’s account shows a credit balance. Refunds for Parent PLUS loans will be refunded to the parent, unless the parent has noted on the application that credit balance funds should be sent instead to the student.
Medical Waivers: Tuition Waiver Review Committee
A request for a Medical Waiver with no tuition liability, for the current semester, may be requested through the Bursar to the Tuition Waiver Review Committee. This is conditional on the fact that continued attendance by the student is made impossible by reasons of serious illness which, in the opinion of the committee, are clearly beyond the control of the student.
The student must work with their Advisor (or the Registrar’s Office or the Bursar) to withdraw from the University. The student must also send an email or letter to the Bursar indicating the courses affected for the current semester and explain the medical condition affecting further participation in the courses, as well as providing a doctor's note to the Bursar, explaining the illness and dates of the illness, stating student is unable to participate in classes.
If the Medical Waiver is approved by the committee, the tuition balance, if any, will be forgiven. The student will receive W grades for those courses affected. The student will be notified this is done on a one-time basis.
Failure to attend classes does not alter the charges or entitle the student to a tuition refund.
|SUMMER 2022 TUITION LIABILITY SCHEDULE|
|CLASSES||START DATE||END DATE|
|FULL SEMESTER - DAY CLASSES||May 16||Aug. 22|
|FULL SEMESTER - EVENING CLASSES||May 16||Aug. 22|
|FULL SEMESTER - ONLINE CLASSES||May 16||Aug. 22|
|US & CANADIAN EDUCATION MONDAY/TUESDAY SESSION||May 16||Aug. 22|
|US & CANADIAN EDUCATION SATURDAY/SUNDAY SESSION||May 16||Aug. 22|
|40% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||May 24||May 30|
|60% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||May 31||Jun. 6|
|80% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Jun. 7||Jun. 13|
|100% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Jun. 14|
|SESSION I - DAY CLASSES||May 16||Jul. 3|
|SESSION I - EVENING CLASSES||May 16||Jul. 3|
|SESSION I - ONLINE CLASSES||May 16||Jul. 3|
|100% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||May 24|
|SESSION II - DAY CLASSES||Jul. 5||Aug. 22|
|SESSION II - EVENING CLASSES||Jul. 5||Aug. 22|
|SESSION II - ONLINE CLASSES||Jul. 5||Aug. 22|
|100% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Jul. 12|
|FALL 2022 TUITION LIABILITY SCHEDULE|
|CLASSES||START DATE||END DATE|
|FULL SEMESTER - DAY CLASSES||Aug. 29||Dec. 8|
|FULL SEMESTER - EVENING CLASSES||Aug. 29||Dec. 8|
|FULL SEMESTER - ONLINE CLASSES||Aug. 29||Dec. 8|
|US & CANADIAN EDUCATION MONDAY/TUESDAY SESSION||Aug. 29||Dec. 8|
|US & CANADIAN EDUCATION SATURDAY/SUNDAY SESSION||Aug. 29||Dec. 8|
|40% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Sep. 7|
|60% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Sep. 14|
|80% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Sep. 21|
|100% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Sep. 27|
|SESSION I - EVENING CLASSES||Aug. 29||Oct. 16|
|SESSION I - ONLINE CLASSES||Aug. 29||Oct. 16|
|100% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Sep. 7|
|SESSION II - EVENING CLASSES||Oct. 17||Dec. 8|
|SESSION II - ONLINE CLASSES||Oct. 17||Dec. 8|
|100% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Oct. 22|
|ROCHESTER VET||Jul. 5||Aug. 22|
|100% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Jul. 12|
|ROCHESTER VET CLINICAL||Jul. 5||Oct. 16|
|40% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Jul. 12|
|60% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Jul. 19|
|80% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Jul. 26|
|100% LIABILITY BEGINS 8AM||Aug. 2|
Electronic Billing Text Alerts
If you wish, you may choose to receive text messages when your electronic tuition bill statements are ready:
Navigate to the Financial Aid & Billing section of Medaille360 for Students
Choose My Profiles
Enter your mobile phone number, select carrier and click “save”
You are now set to receive text alerts, as well as emails, when your new electronic bills are ready for review.
Issues Accessing Your Electronic Tuition Bill
If you are having problems viewing your electronic bill, the issue is usually one of two things:
Pop-up blockers – you will need to allow pop-up windows from Medaille360 to access your electronic bill
Internet Explorer – if you’re using older versions of Internet Explorer, you may not be able to view your electronic bill. Please use Firefox, Chrome or update your browser to the newest version of Internet Explorer
If you’re still having issues viewing your electronic bill statement, please contact the IT Helpdesk at (716) 880-2282.
Dining Dollars and Mav Bucks
Students can come to the Student Accounts office to purchase Dining Dollars for food in the cafeteria and/or Mav Bucks for books in the bookstore. The funds are loaded onto the student’s ID card and can be swiped at the registers to make a purchase. These must be pre-paid with cash, check, charge or excess financial aid. Funds are non-refundable, and non-transferrable, and must be used by early May each year.
Metro Bus Passes
Students can also come to the Student Accounts office to purchase a monthly Metro bus pass for the months of September through May. These must be pre-paid with cash, check, charge or excess financial aid.
The Admissions Office requires new students to pay a tuition deposit, which holds the student’s place in their program.
New students cannot register for classes without paying the tuition deposit.
What are the options for a student to make their tuition deposit payment?
The Student Accounts Office takes payments for the tuition deposits. Payment can be made in person or over the phone with a credit card (716-880-2271).
The Student Accounts Office also processes any tuition deposits sent by mail to the Admissions Office.
Mailing address: Medaille University, 18 Agassiz Circle, Buffalo NY 14214 Attn: Student Accounts, make check payable to: Medaille University (include full name, student ID# and semester the tuition deposit is being paid for)
What are the accepted payment methods?
- Money Order
- Credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express)
è A combination of the above payment methods may be utilized.
Can Financial Aid be applied to cover the cost of the deposit?
- No, tuition deposits must be paid out of pocket, before being registered.
Is the tuition deposit applied to the first term’s tuition?
- Tuition Deposits show as a payment, once released, to the tuition bill, for the semester the deposit was paid for, ie fall, spring or summer semester.
- If the student attends the semester and has financial aid that overpays their tuition bill, the student may receive a refund.
- If the student doesn’t attend the semester the deposit was paid for, the Tuition Deposit will be held on their student account for one year, if they decide to attend at a later date, after one year it is forfeited.
Can a student be confirmed by the Admissions Office without paying their deposit?